CHEF for a day
Facilitated by a paediatric dietitian, this one-day cooking experience is designed for older children (ages 10-14) to learn life skills associated with Cooking. We start the day working on a menu as a group, then venture on foot to the local supermarket where each child will assist with purchasing items. We then return to the kitchen where we will cook and eat our meal as a group.
What we’ll work on
- Creativity – in coming up with a group name, explorative new food play and menu planning
- Collaboration – cooking together to make nutritious meals and other food activities
- Problem-solving – working through challenges and coming up with solutions
- Sensory – explore foods and sensory stimulants with different textures and ingredients
- Social skills – helping your child make friends, greet others, develop sharing skills
School Holiday Group Program Details
Date: 3 October 2023
Location: Ropes Crossing Community Hub, 54 Pulley Drive, Ropes Crossing NSW 2760
Places: Maximum 12 children (depending on ratio)
Cost: From $355.63 (cost based on 1:3 ratio and will change based on the child’s support needs)
This program is eligible under NDIS funding, under the Improved Daily Living or Social and Community Participation categories.