About us A career at Growing Early Minds is more than just a job. It’s an opportunity to join an…
A career with us is an opportunity to make a real difference. No matter where you are on your professional journey, we would love to hear from you!
- $70,000 – $85,000 with salary packaging + super + incentives + much more!
- On top of salary, earn up to an additional $35,000 p.a from our incentive scheme
- Full-time and part-time roles with flexible days to suit your lifestyle
- Varied caseload supporting children 0-16 years and their families
A career at Growing Early Minds is more than just a job. It’s an opportunity to join an inclusive and family-friendly paediatric allied health team who are dedicated to making a difference in the lives of children. Our purpose, supporting and growing the potential of children, families and communities, is what inspires us. Our people are at the heart of this. It’s their passion, ideas and commitment that drive all that we do.
Growing Early Minds is a not-for-profit, early intervention and disability support service, based in the heart of Blacktown (servicing North West and Western Sydney regions). We are a multidisciplinary service where families can access speech-language pathology, occupational therapy, dietetics, psychology, and behaviour support all under one roof. Our services are flexible, where we offer in-clinic, mobile and telehealth appointments to our clients.
Growing Early Minds is entering an exciting period of growth and are looking to scale up our allied health team.
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a new graduate and/or mid-level occupational therapist to join our growing allied health team, starting as soon as practical. This role is perfect for a new graduate looking to kickstart their career or a slightly more experienced occupational therapist wanting a fresh change while continuing to grow and be challenged.
While no two days are the same, you will be working predominantly with children 0-16 years of age, either in-clinic, mobile or via telehealth. Your caseload will have plenty of variety, delivering assessments, 1:1 and group therapy, parent workshops and training for teachers and child care educators. As a new graduate and/or mid-level therapist, you will be expected to assess client needs, develop targeted and evidenced-based case plans with intervention strategies, explain the approach for clients to families and other specialist professionals, and initiate intervention strategies, as well as monitor, evaluate and report on case plans.
About the Benefits
We pride ourselves on being an employer of choice no matter where you are on your career path, and we offer a great range of benefits when you join our team. Our goal is to support you to reach your goals – both personally and professionally. Plus, you get to make a real difference in the lives of children and that feeling is priceless!
Remuneration and Allowances
- Attractive above award salary, competitive against NGO’s and Health sector
- Incentive scheme with the potential to earn up to an additional $35,000 p.a
- Salary packaging, claim $15,900 p.a tax-free plus $2,650 towards meals and entertainment
- Professional Development budget of $2,000 per year (pro-rata) spend as you choose
- Monthly external clinical supervision paid, at an agreed amount
- Travel (km’s) reimbursed for school and home visits
- Super contributions paid while on parental leave
- $100 credit towards your first uniform purchase
- $100 welcome gift card
Opportunities and Career Growth
- Annual performance reviews with pathways for career progression and promotions
- New graduate program for therapists just starting out their career in the sector
- Broaden knowledge and skillset by collaborating real-time amongst multidisciplinary team
- Exposure to a diverse client base to build knowledge across a range of concerns/disabilities
- Be part of innovative programs such as the work we do with Windaan Aboriginal Services
Caseload and Support
- Realistic billable hour targets starting from 19 hours, much less than our competitors
- Variety in caseload delivering assessments, therapy, group programs, parent workshops
- Monthly supervision and mentoring sessions with operations and discipline-specific group
- Internal clinical supervision also available (instead of external supervision, not reimbursed)
What we supply
- All therapy equipment, resources and assessments supplied – everything you need!
- Worksafe Guardian app to ensure your safety while offsite
- Laptop with Office 365 and mobile
- Electronic CRM/booking system
Flexibility, Culture and Wellbeing
- Free counselling through Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Choose your own days and hours, work from home, live anywhere in Australia
- Hybrid model approach to service delivery, choose in-clinic, telehealth or mobile
- Team building events, fun social activities and multiple end-of-year festivities
- Develop your professional portfolio by creating blog posts for magazines and online media
- Free parking onsite across all clinics
Strong time-management skills and the ability to manage your own caseload will be critical to your success with us. Demonstrated experience in paediatrics is desirable but not necessary.
- Tertiary qualifications in Occupational Therapy
- AHPRA registration
Be eligible and willing to obtain prior to commencement
- Registration with Medicare
- Current First Aid and CPR certificates
- Current paid Working With Children Check
- Current NDIS Worker Check
- Current NSW Driver’s Licence, own vehicle with comprehensive insurance cover
- Completion of the NDIS Worker Orientation module ‘Quality, Safety and You’
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
By the way…
Growing Early Minds values diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, people with disability and people seeking flexible working arrangements.
Growing Early Minds is also part of the Growing Potential Ltd group, one of Australia’s longest-running, not-for-profit community service providers with a rich history spanning over 70 years. Visit www.growingpotential.org.au for more information.
How to apply
Feel we could be a good fit? Let’s get started! Send your resume to email@example.com
- Positions available: Full-time, Part-time (incl. 100% telehealth opportunities)
- Applications close: Until positions are filled
- Interviews: Arranged as soon as possible for the right candidate
- Commencement date: As soon as practical
- Other: Only successful candidates will be contacted. Internal applicants welcome to apply
If you would like to discuss the position in more detail, please call Kiera Woolacott, Senior Operations Manager, on 0478 065 203. All discussions are held in strict confidence.