The perfect recipe for trying new foods, a curious group program
Designed for children 8-12 years with sensory processing difficulties or selective/fussy eaters. This program has been developed by our paediatric dietitians and uses the Responsive Feeding Therapy approach to build confidence and get your child excited about trying new foods. Activities will range from food-based learning, menu planning and preparation, and cooking child-friendly, nutritious recipes, all whilst developing social interaction and communication skills. This program encourages culinary curiosity and creativity as children join us in the kitchen for hands-on fun.
What we’ll work on
- Creativity – in coming up with a group name, explorative new food play and menu planning
- Collaboration – cooking together to make nutritious meals and other food activities
- Problem-solving – working through challenges and coming up with solutions
- Sensory – explore foods and sensory stimulants with different textures and ingredients
- Social skills – helping your child make friends, greet others, develop sharing skills
School Holiday Group Program Details
Date: 5-8 July 2021 (4 days)
Time: 1:30-3:30pm (2.5hrs/day)
Location: Ropes Crossing Community Centre, 54 Pulley Drive, Ropes Crossing, NSW 2760
Places: Maximum 9 children (depending on ratio)
Cost: From $646.60 (based on the level of support needs)
This program is eligible under NDIS funding, under the Improved Daily Living or Social and Community Participation categories.