What happens in an Autism test?
Our autism assessment program includes a comprehensive, full-day diagnostic session. The autism test program includes a play observation, functional assessment to assess your child’s ability to participate in daily life as well as a comprehensive developmental interview.
The diagnostician considers factors such as your child’s social, communication skills and other patterns of behaviour when conducting the assessment.
Children with autism may:
- Play alone
- Have difficulty coping with change
- Have unusual interests or attachments
- Only play with a few toys or objects in unusual ways
- Display unusual reactions to everyday sights, sounds and movements
- Have unusual behaviours or repetitive movements such as rocking, flapping hands or walking on tip toes
We provide support, information, intervention and a range of services from parent’s workshops to navigating the NDIS, to support the needs of children on the spectrum to participate fully in life. Read a little more on Behavioural Support with Growing Early Minds with some information written by our experts.