GEM Social Club
A social group program – making friends and having fun
Facilitated by qualified allied health therapists, this group program is designed for children 7-11 years of age who require social skills support. This program has been structured to encompass all our therapy services – speech therapy, occupational therapy, psychology, and dietetics – and is jam-packed and full of fun! This program runs for 5hrs each day and we offer flexibility to book by the day and around your existing schedule.
What we’ll work on
- Social skills – helping your child make friends, greet others, develop sharing and turn-taking skills.
- Emotional development – learning to understand and talk about emotions (their own and other people’s), conflict resolution and problem-solving skills.
- Communication and literacy skills – expanding vocabulary around social and emotional development, increasing literacy skills and language development through peer activities.
- Fine and gross motor skills – providing age-appropriate fine motor and gross motor skills in team bonding activities.
- Healthy eating – your child will have the opportunity to play with a variety of different foods to assist with sensory-motor skills, we’ll also discuss the importance of healthy eating and cleanliness.
School Holiday Group Program Details
Date: 18-25 January 2023 (6 days)
Time: 9:00am-2:00pm (5hrs/day
Location: Hassall Grove Community Centre 25 Melanie Street, Hassall Grove
Places: Maximum 12 children
1 day = $371.80
2 day = $743.58
3 day = $1115.37
4 day = $1487.80
5 day = $1859.75
6 day = $2230.80
Discounts apply for three or more days.
Costs based on 1:3 ratio and will change based on the child’s support needs. This program is eligible under NDIS funding, under the Improved Daily Living or Social and Community Participation categories.