Our handwriting group program is designed for students in Kindergarten to Year 2. Facilitated by experienced occupational therapists, it will help your child to develop skills for better handwriting in a fun group setting.
The supported, play-based sessions will target key abilities needed for good handwriting, including gross motor, fine motor and visual motor skills. Your child will have fun while becoming a handwriting hero!
Key skills targeted
- Core strength – for sitting up in their chair to write
- Shoulder stability – needed for good control of their hand position
- Postural control – including strength to maintain good posture and avoid slouching
- Hand and finger strength – for writing endurance
- Pencil control and grasp – to control movement and handwriting quality
- Dexterity – for writing quality and switching between writing tools
Date: 20-23 April 2020 (4 days)
Time: 1:30-3:30pm (2hrs/day)
Location: Growing Early Minds, 217-219 Blacktown Road, Blacktown NSW 2148.
Places: Maximum 6 children
This program is eligible under NDIS funding, under the Improved Daily Living or Social and Community Participation categories.