Our Holiday handwriting heroes program is designed for students in Kindergarten to Year 2. Facilitated by experienced occupational therapists, it will help your child to develop skills for better handwriting in a fun group setting. The supported, play-based sessions will target key abilities needed for good handwriting, including gross motor, fine motor and visual motor skills. Your child will have fun while becoming a handwriting hero!
Key skills targeted
- Core strength – for sitting up in their chair to write
- Shoulder stability – needed for good control of their hand position
- Postural control – including strength to maintain good posture and avoid slouching
- Hand and finger strength – for writing endurance
- Pencil control and grasp – to control movement and handwriting quality
- Dexterity – for writing quality and switching between writing tools
Date: 20-23 January 2020 (4 days)
Time: 9:30am-11:30am (2hrs/day)
Location: c/o Children First, 24-26 Balmoral Street, Blacktown NSW 2148
This program is eligible under NDIS funding, under the Improved Daily Living or Social and Community Participation categories.