Building social skills
Lego® Club is designed for children 5-8 years of age with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), developmental or social learning difficulties. The program focuses on the development of many vital skills such as sharing, turn-taking, collaboration, conflict resolution, verbal and non-verbal communication.
What we’ll work on
- Collaboration – by working as a group to achieve a common goal
- Joint problem solving, sharing and turn-taking – taking turns in different roles, working on the build together
- Maintaining attention – staying focused on the task to build the models
- Verbal and non-verbal communication – using language and non-verbal skills to express ideas and feelings
- Conflict resolution – working through differences for a shared aim
- Creativity – in coming up with a group name, building the models and free playtime
- Fine motor skills – for manipulating the Lego® blocks
Program 1: 5-8 January 2021
Program 2: 11-14 January 2021
Program 3: 18-21 January 202
Time: 1:00-3:00pm (2hrs/day)
Location: Growing Early Minds, 217-219 Blacktown Road, Blacktown NSW 2148.
Places: Maximum 6 children
This program is eligible under NDIS funding, under the Improved Daily Living or Social and Community Participation categories.