For social skills development
Our Lego® Therapy group programs for children aged 3-5 or 6-10 years will support the development of skills such as sharing, turn-taking, collaboration, conflict resolution, and verbal and non-verbal communication – facilitated by a psychologist and speech-language pathologist. Since 2004, Lego® Therapy has been used to help children with Autism Spectrum Disorder or social communication difficulties to develop these vital skills.Each child has a specific role and they work together to build a model. They’ll have fun, explore their creativity and interact with others in a supported environment.
What we’ll work on
- Collaboration – by working as a group to achieve a common goal
- Joint problem solving, sharing and turn-taking – taking turns in different roles, working on the build together
- Maintaining attention – staying focused on the task to build the models
- Verbal and non-verbal communication – using language and non-verbal skills to express ideas and feelings
- Conflict resolution – working through differences for a shared aim
- Creativity – in coming up with a group name, building the models and free playtime
- Fine motor skills – for manipulating the Lego® blocks
Opt 1: 7-10 January 2020 (4 days)
Opt 2: 20-23 January 2020 (4 days)
Times: 9:30am-11:30am (2hrs/day)
Location: Growing Early Minds, 217-219 Blacktown Road, Blacktown NSW 2148
This program is eligible under NDIS funding, under the Improved Daily Living or Social and Community Participation categories.