Growing Potential Ltd is committed to creating and maintaining a child safe organisation that puts…
Important NDIS Update June 2018
The National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) recently announced the appointment of new Early Childhood Partners under NDIS in New South Wales from 1st July 2018.
This means that Growing Early Mind’s role as a NSW Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI) Transition Provider will finish on 30th June 2018. From the 1st July 2018 the Early Childhood Partners will provide transition services under NDIS for children with developmental delay and/or disability aged 0-6 years.
For most of our families based in Western Sydney, the new Transition Provider is Northcott and they can be contacted on 1800 818 286.
What does this mean for my child?
- For families that began Early Supports, your First Planning Meeting or NDIS Plan review prior to 30th June, these will be completed by Growing Early Minds. A member of our team will have already been in contact with you.
- For families on the waitlist that haven’t started Early Supports or your First Plan Meeting, or if your child has a NDIS plan review due for review in July or after, the Early Childhood Partner linked to your area will be in touch with you to make a time to discuss your child’s needs and appropriate supports and services after the 1st July. If you are concerned about your child’s plan expiring before your plan review, please contact NDIS on 1800 800 110 to discuss this.
- This change will not affect any allied health therapy and assessment services you’re currently receiving from us.
In NSW, the new Transition Partners delivering Early Childhood Early Intervention NDIS planning services are:
- Lifestart in the Central Coast, Illawarra Shoalhaven, South Eastern Sydney, Sydney, and Nepean Blue Mountains Service Areas.
- Northcott in the Hunter New England, Mid North Coast, Northern NSW, and Western Sydney Service Areas.
- Mission Australia in the Far West and Western NSW Service Areas.
- EACH in the South Western Sydney, and Southern NSW Service Areas.
- Intereach in the Murrumbidgee Service Area.
- Cerebral Palsy Alliance in the Northern Sydney Service Area.
Where can I get more information?
More information about Early Childhood Partners and the NDIA Early Childhood Early Intervention approach can be found on the National Disability Insurance Scheme website.
Please feel free to contact Growing Early Minds if you have any further questions in regards to this transition.