Behaviour strategies to support children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
If you’re the parent or carer of a child with ASD, this workshop will provide information and practical strategies for reducing challenging behaviours such as tantrums, noncompliance, and aggression. Facilitated by a qualified and experienced psychologist or behaviour support practitioner, you’ll learn about the characteristics of ASD and how to identify and manage challenging behaviours. You’ll meet other parents and carers who are experiencing similar circumstances.
Most importantly, you’ll come away with a toolkit of tips and techniques for helping your child to reach their potential.
What we’ll work on
- How to identify concerns in a child’s development and behaviour
- Defining autism spectrum disorder and its characteristics
- Understanding the three functional levels of autism
- Defining behaviour and identifying challenging behaviours
- Understanding the principles of behavioural learning
- Identifying functions of behaviour and how to use the ABC behaviour model
- Strategies to support a child with ASD
Dates: 6-10 January 2020 (5 days)
Time: 1:30pm-3:30pm (2hrs/day)
Location: c/o Ngallu Wal, 259 Kildare Road, Doonside NSW 2767
This program is eligible under NDIS funding, under the Improved Daily Living or Social and Community Participation categories.