Webinar Series – Autism Support
Learn how to manage disruptive behaviours
If you’re the parent or carer of a child with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), this workshop will provide information and practical strategies for reducing challenging behaviours such as tantrums, noncompliance, and aggression. Facilitated by a qualified provisional psychologist, we will provide Autism support by teaching about the characteristics of ASD and how to identify and manage challenging behaviours. You’ll meet (virtually) other parents and carers who are experiencing similar circumstances.
Most importantly, you’ll come away with a toolkit of tips and techniques for helping your child to reach their potential.
What we’ll work on
- How to identify concerns in a child’s development and behaviour
- Defining autism spectrum disorder and its characteristics
- Understanding the three functional levels of autism
- Defining behaviour and identifying challenging behaviours
- Understanding the principles of behavioural learning
- Identifying functions of behaviour and how to use the ABC behaviour model
- Strategies to support a child with ASD
Autism Support Webinar Details
Date: 20-24 April 2020 (5 days)
Time: EAST 1:00-3:00pm (2hrs/day)
Location: from the comfort of your home (Webinar)
Places: Maximum 8
- $350* for one parent/carer
- $450* for two parent/carers of the same child.
*This program is eligible under NDIS funding, under the Improved Daily Living or Social and Community Participation categories.