This curry recipe includes wonderful aroma and taste of Indian and Pakistani spices with the…
Healthy Baked Chicken Nuggets
- 500g chicken mince
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 cups cauliflower, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup wholegrain breadcrumbs (see note)
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herb
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Use a grater or food processor to grate the cauliflower into course crumb consistency. Cook cauliflower in microwave or over the stove in a saucepan until soft.
- In a large bowl, place the chicken, carrot, cauliflower, half the breadcrumbs, egg and seasoning and mix to combine.
- Place the remaining breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl and stir to combine.
- Shape a mixture into nugget shapes and coat with breadcrumb mixture.
- Place nuggets on a baking tray. Bake the nuggets for 15-20 minutes, turning halfway, or until golden.
- You can make your own breadcrumbs by processing wholegrain bread or rolled oats in food processor.
- Storage: keep leftover cooked chicken nuggets in the fridge for 1-2 days or in the freezer for 1-2 months. Uncooked chicken nuggets can be stored in the freezer for 1-2 months.