Hearty Bean Quesadillas
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 6 x 20cm tortillas or pita bread
- 400g red kidney beans, drained
- 1 soft avocado
- 125g canned sweet corn kernels, drained
- 1 cup low-fat grated tasty cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place baking paper on to oven tray.
- In a bowl, use a fork, to mash the beans and avocado.
- Add corn, cheese onion, garlic, spring onion and spices to mashed beans and avocado.
- Place tortilla or pita bread flat on an oven tray. On one half, spread about ¼ of the bean mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
- Fold the tortilla in half to close it. Repeat until all of the tortillas are filled.
- Cook tortillas in the oven for 10 minutes, until brown and crispy. Cut into triangles. Serve with salsa.