This group program is designed for children 4-7 years of age and focuses on the development of sensory processing and motor skills, vital for growth, development and learning.
Facilitated by experienced occupational therapists, children will get to learn how to process input from their senses (sight, hearing, smell, taste, touch, balance and proprioceptive), and work on motor skills such as balance, posture, muscle strength, bilateral coordination, gross motor, fine motor, oral motor, visual tracking, rhythm and timing.
This is an interactive program enabling children to learn about their own body and environment.
What we’ll work on:
• Sensory processing skills – helping your child learn how to process input from senses, regulate emotions, behaviour and coping strategies
• Fine motor skills – movement and coordination in the small muscles of the hand and fingers, usually requiring a high degree of control and precision
• Gross motor skills – movement and coordination of the arms, legs, and other large body parts
• Rhythm and timing – improving rhythm and timing movement sequences and systems
• Bilateral coordination – coordination of both sides of the body
• Vestibular balance and posture – upright posture, balance, how and where the body is moving in space
• Social skills – helping your child make friends, greet others, develop sharing and turn-taking skills
Date: 11-14 January 2021
Time: 9:30-11:30am (2hrs/day)
Location: Ropes Crossing Community Centre, 54 Pulley Drive, Ropes Crossing, NSW 2760
Places: Maximum 6 children
This program is eligible under NDIS funding, under the Improved Daily Living or Social and Community Participation categories.