Making friends and having fun, a social group program
Designed for children 5-10 years with communication or social learning difficulties, developmental delay or disability. This program has been developed by our allied health therapists and uses evidenced-based strategies to build confidence in a range of skills, including social, communication, literacy, sensory, fine motor, gross motor, emotional regulation and healthy eating. This sensory-motor, play-based program is adapted to the needs of every child. Running over four consecutive days provides plenty of opportunities for children to make friends and practice their new skills before heading home.
What we’ll work on
- Social skills – helping your child make friends, greet others, develop sharing and turn-taking skills.
- Emotional development – learning to understand and talk about emotions (their own and other people’s), conflict resolution and problem-solving skills.
- Communication and literacy skills – expanding vocabulary around social and emotional development, increasing literacy skills and language development through peer activities.
- Fine and gross motor skills – providing age-appropriate fine motor and gross motor skills in team bonding activities.
- Healthy eating – your child will have the opportunity to play with a variety of different foods to assist with sensory-motor skills, we’ll also discuss the importance of healthy eating and cleanliness.
School Holiday Group Program Details
Date: 20-23 September 2021 (4 days)
Time: 9:00-11:30am (2.5hrs/day)
Location: Children First, 24-26 Balmoral Street, Blacktown NSW 2148
Places: Maximum 12 children (depending on ratio)
Cost: From $905.24/camp (based on the level of support needs)
This program is eligible under NDIS funding, under the Improved Daily Living or Social and Community Participation categories.